Legs are most affected by varicose veins. The farthest part of the body from the heart needs a resting regime, support for tired and weakened blood vessels. And we “exploit” our feet until we see an enlarged superficial network, swelling, painful lumps of the joints and we do not lose sleep because of the pain.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies does not serve as an alternative to medication. Because the main medicines are based on herbal raw materials. To cure the disease, it is useful to use the accumulated experience of traditional medicine.
All methods used should eliminate or prevent the causes of varicose veins:
- improve the density and elasticity of the vascular wall of the veins;
- repair hinged valves;
- increase blood flow to the vessels of the legs due to blood flow, reducing its clotting;
- to prevent the formation of blood clots and thrombophlebitis;
- have anti-inflammatory effects;
- a diuretic is helpful in relieving local edema.
For home use, choose medicines that:
- is easy to prepare and implement yourself;
- have no toxic effect;
- keep well in the refrigerator;
- can be grown in a window or on the spot, bought in the market;
- are relatively inexpensive.
All traditional methods of treating varicose veins are divided into general and local.
Common ones include a specific diet, bath and swallowing infusions and decoctions. Many herbal remedies are used simultaneously internally and topically.
Local application is based on the use of lotions, compresses, applied to the most painful place. It is necessary to learn how to prepare oils.
The duration of treatment courses is suggested by doctors from one month or longer. Interruptions of not more than one week are possible, replacing one product with another.
Diet for varicose veins
Extensive experienced healers do not recommend starting therapy for varicose veins in the legs without a fasting diet. It should be observed for 5-7 days, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight.
The essence of the diet: the exclusion of white bread, sweets, cakes, pastries, hot spices, alcohol, coffee, meat and fish dishes. Fluid is not limited. It is necessary to eat only vegetarian food: fresh fruits and juices as much as possible. Cranberries, blueberries, buckthorn and figs are considered particularly valuable. Two days later, add rice porridge, buckwheat, fresh vegetables to salad with vegetable oil, soup from fresh nettle.
This diet is recommended every month for 2-3 days. People with varicose veins in the legs are advised to completely abandon foods containing starch (breads and pastries made from high quality flour, boiled potatoes). You can boil potatoes in their uniforms, add bran to food.
General medical procedures
They have an effect on the whole body, normalize blood circulation.
Varicose veins can be treated with a bath. They are contraindicated in cases of thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers.
The contents of the bath are prepared in advance: boil half an hour evenly for half a kilogram of oak, willow and chestnut branches (it is better to do this in an enamel bucket). Then fill the solution with herbs in 4 packets of pharmacy (chamomile, fiber, St. John's wort) and boil on steam overnight. Separately in the morning, rye bread is boiled (3 loaves), filtered and poured into the bath.
The procedure should be taken at bedtime for about 40 minutes, the water temperature should be observed at 38-40 degrees
For soda baths, you should dispense a full pack of water into a bathtub, or 6-7 tablespoons per 5 liters per foot only.
You can only cook willow bark (two handfuls of broken branches in a three-liter pot), boil for half an hour.
For foot baths, two or three tablespoons of dry raw material from the crushed bark are sufficient; also shown crushed milk plant (2 packs of 50 g).
Recommended plant combinations: hazelnut leaves, birch, chamomile flowers, clover, spruce, pine buds.
After the bath, you should do a light massage from the bottom up, wear elastic stockings and put your feet in a slight lift.
Recommendations for indoor use
Popular oral recipes are very creative. They offer a medicine or a combination, decoction, water infusions, alcoholic tinctures. The soup is easier to prepare in a large thermos, retaining all the properties of a water bath. Strain before use.
- Antonov apple infusion- two or three small apples are poured with a liter of boiling water and wrapped for four hours. Then cook and drink half a glass of soup with honey on an empty stomach and overnight.
- Nettleis a well-known remedy for varicose veins. 2-3 tablespoons of dried leaves are placed in a half-liter thermos with boiling water. For perseverance, 40 minutes is enough. You should drink 1/3 cup an hour after eating.
- Celandine alcohol tincture- sold in a pharmacy, it is recommended to drink in 9-10 drops with a tablespoon of milk, before meals, three times a day.
- Soda solution- prepared before use (a teaspoon in a glass of warm water), it is recommended to drink in the morning and at night.
- Honey-treated garlic- chop 250 g of garlic, mix with 350 g of honey, leave for at least ten days. Recommended for a tablespoon half an hour before meals.
- A decoction of a mixture of oak bark, willow branches, chestnutsimmer for half an hour, then add chamomile, St. John's wort and leave for 12 hours. Drink with honey first 50 ml, after two days 150 ml.
The reception of herbal medicines is recommended to be combined with baths, local treatment. The course of therapy is two months.
Local means the effect only on the inflamed pathological area of the veins of the legs.
Using lotion liquids
Local procedures in the form of compresses, lotions will require prior preparation of the necessary oil solution.
- Apple cider vinegar- considered to be a means of improving the tone of blood vessels. They rub into painful areas with varicose veins twice a day. For internal use, add two teaspoons to 250 ml of water.
- Potato juice- used to treat ulcers. The integrated woman is applied to the ulcer and bandaged, after five hours the bandage is changed.
- Cabbage leaf compresses- helps relieve pain and inflammation of the skin. The sheet is bound overnight.
- Hopi cones- Put a tablespoon in a glass of boiling water. Apply lotions from the prepared medicine or you are allowed to drink a glass before meals.
- Tomatoesshould only be used ripe enough. Varicose joints are covered with lobules, covered with a bandage. After 3-4 hours, the compress is changed to a new one.
Kalanchoe - used in the form of rubbing alcohol tincture. Necessary it is necessary to properly prepare the solution: after cutting, the leaves are kept for 5–7 days in the cold, then move to a meat grinder, pour vodka (you can navigate by volume, Kalanchoe in dishes should be 2 times less), to insist in the dark for another week. After straining, the agent can be used in the treatment of varicose veins. It is suitable for long-term storage.
Alcohol tincture (2/3 of herbal raw materials) is prepared from acacia flowers and birch buds for a week to dye the skin over diseased veins.
From oriental medicine, the properties of Adam's apple are known to have a positive effect on vascular tone.
Green walnuts - crush into small pieces and cover with olive oil. You should stay in the sun for at least forty days. You can then lubricate the affected areas.
Medicinal collection of chamomile, St. John's wort, yarrow, calendula, oak bark and horsetail is recommended to be used to clear trophic ulcers, relieve inflammation.
Horse chestnut is used both externally and internally. The leaves and flowers of the plant are used. For compresses, create them with water like tea. And for internal use, an alcoholic solution is prepared. Keep in a dark place for at least two weeks. Drink 30 drops before meals.
Adam's apple is the fruit of a rare macula tree that grows in the southern regions. It is not used internally because the liquid is poisonous. An alcoholic solution is prepared from crushed fruits for grinding. It is recommended to keep it in the dark for a month.
How to make oil at home
Based on the oil, herbal remedies stay on the wound site longer and penetrate better. Vegetable oils, flaxseed, pork fat, chicken fat are used for oils. A concentrated herbal decoction is added to the melted and hot base. Protomit on low heat with stirring for five minutes.
Plants used with oils, should not be prepared every day: eucalyptus leaves, dandelion root, celandine herb, lemon balm, lilac flowers, clover, chamomile, calendula, fir needles. Everything is prepared in equal amounts before being mixed with an oil base.
These oils should be refrigerated. Apply to the skin with a greasy layer, gently rub. Cover with parchment paper and a warm bandage. Better to apply oil compresses at night.
bee stings contain hirudin, which thins the blood and prevents blood clots. Treatment by bees involves a mandatory bite on the outer venous node. At first, the patient experiences pain and burning, these phenomena quickly pass on their own and with them the prominent venous nodes are removed.
Folk remedies for varicose veins are not harmless. These are concentrated plant extracts with strong side effects when taken orally. This is especially true for people with diseases of the stomach and pancreas. Plants affect the acidity of gastric juice. Therefore, their use can exacerbate chronic diseases of the digestive system.
It is also necessary to monitor allergic manifestations (itching of the skin, redness, swelling). Discontinue further use if these symptoms occur.
Using folk remedies requires confidence in medicine and patience. Few people pay attention to the recommendation to walk at dawn in thin cotton socks over the grass dew and do not remove them until the feet are dry. This fascinating recipe brings the safest gifts of nature.